Wednesday 27 March 2013

March Book Recommendations


image

Our first entry for our monthly recommendations.
This month’s theme is HOME.
Books about home, books that reminds you of home, books that made you feel at home, and books that are home.




image
The Harry Potter series
Words cannot do justice on how I feel about Harry Potter. It’s my most beloved series and constant in my life. It’s always there and will always be there until the end. It’s supermegafoxyawesomehot.
-Michelle
image
The Chronicles of Narnia
Life was pretty boring when I was a ten-year-old kid. I didn’t have any friends around the neighborhood, I don’t like talking to my parents, I’m an only kid, we didn’t have an Internet connection back then, school was too much of a burden. In short, I hated home. I hated where I live. I hated it all. I wanted to escape, to travel someplace, anywhere.
Word for word, I was blown away. I felt like I belong in those inked pages. I felt like somebody. I felt at ease. I felt at home. So whenever I feel down in the dumps or out of place, I always try to find my way to other home.
-Roma
image
Wutherings Heights
People come to change who we are, then go leaving us with memories that would remind us of home. They leave for they have to, not that they want to. Then, the time will come that they will come back in search for what they need. We, on the other hand, commit only to be hurt to see that we made a mistake…or maybe not.
-Angeli
image
Jennifer and Herselves
It’s a very good story involving psychological twists. In this story, A girl named Jennifer thinks that she has multiple personalities wherein she doesn’t realize that is also her but is aware of these personalities. Please do read this book. Very cool and mysterious, sometimes annoying but all in all, a good story.
-Lali
image
The Secret Garden 
The end of another school year has come to us, and if it has to you, as well, this is perfect for a summer read. It’ll get you feeling like the adventurous 10-year-old you once were, or if not, you wanted to be. One good thing about this book is, although it’s short, it’s enough to have an adventure of a lifetime.
-Janelle
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment