Monday 23 July 2012

My Top 5 Picks(for now).

TOP 5: Looking For Alaska by John Green
This is the first (and only at the moment) novel I read by John Green. I loved it so much! I borrowed this from Roma when I slept over at her house. As soon as I started reading, I was pulled into the story for some reason. The first night I was reading (which was at Roma's), I've gona through almost half of it. I hated having to stop because I had to sleep. When I continued, I locked my self in my room just to finish this literary masterpiece. I think I drank three mugs of coffee throughout. I kept myself away from anyone while I read this, Oh God. I just didn't want to be disturbed. I can't wait to read more of John Green's books! 

TOP 4: The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton lee Stewart
 I cherished this book for a very long time. I brought it everywhere with me, even when I was finished. At first I had no knowledge about this book. Like, really. I was looking for The Book Thief then, but it was too expensive so I had to wait, but then poof! This appeared. Talk about serendipity. Mwahaha. When I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. The book and the events was glued to your mind. And after every event, you’ll be dying to find out what the characters will do next. And even at the end of the book, you’ll still get more of that flabbergasting feeling than you did in previous events. It will reveal things that you never really thought of. As if making the unimportant, important. So if you plan on buying this, expect the unexpected. Read the rest of my review here.

TOP 3: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
I absolutely LOVED this book! I felt like a kid again! I swear, as I read through, I actually really felt the characters emotions. There were times when I found myself so angry because of Colin and Mary's fight. I found myself laughing with joy while I read through Mary's time in the garden. This really brought out the adventurous side of me. Because of this book, i was able to do the things I wasn't able to do while I was younger. God, I thank Burnett so much for this brilliant collection of printed words. Read my full review here

TOP 2: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
The very first novel I truly appreciated. This is the first book out of Clare's The Infernal Devices. I am so grateful to the saleslady that recommended this to me. The humor, the romantic scenes, the tragedies. I loved everything about it! Cassie is a GENIUS! And Will and Jem, dammit! I love those two so much! Cassie really knows what her readers want. I mean, I don't usually appreciate those romantic ickity-ek. I hate books like that (It's exactly what stopped me form continuing The Sweep Series and the Immortals series). But this.. God. It isn't too much. It doesn't lack. In such cases, it even makes me ache at times. Right through the capillaries in my heart. But I thought I couldn't find a better novel. I was wrong. Read my full review here
TOP 1: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Here's where I tell you what I meant when I said I was able to find a book better than Clockwork Angel. 
This is really the only time I've encountered a series where book 2 was better than book 1. I can't freaking forget about Clockwork Prince. I mean, there are times when I would read a book, but then after I've finished, I wouldn't remember some events and quotes from that book. BUT THIS. I want to cry, I want to laugh, I want to burn this book for the feels it gave me. There was even a time I almost laughed out loud while I was in class (when we were talking about new seating arrangements). If you plan to read the series, make a mug of coffee, ready your tissue. Don't say I didn't warn you.

-Janiall x 

No comments:

Post a Comment