Monday 30 July 2012


Whenever I play the songs of these artists, I always get that 50’s-80’s feel. The atmosphere and melody makes me want to live in the good old days of typewriters, puffy flowery dresses, The Beatles, vinyl records and film cameras.
But what’s also captivating about their music is the lyrics. Nowadays, most songs doesn’t have any sense and most of the lyrics contains the words “hoes, bitch, fuckin’, swag” and other annoying profane words. A bit of profanity won’t hurt but if majority of the song is filled with sex and cursing, *bleh* next song please.
Going back, listening to their music makes me feel secure and calm. The vintage touch in their music is very captivating. They’re lyrics are relatable and commendable and I find myself in a serene state listening to their songs. 
Beautiful melody, beautiful lyrics, beautiful music. The perfect cup of tea.
(Clockwise starting from upper left: Lana del Rey, Imagine Dragons, Paloma Faith, Noah and the Whale)


-Roma

No comments:

Post a Comment